Sunday 19 January 2014

Special Entry: Niko Niko Onigiri food review

Hooollllaaa people! Welcome or welcome back(to my faithful readers,thanks! :D) to my page,I am supposed to share this post earlier but too bad I was down with flu and fever these few days *Sigh!
Semester break has ended and I am back in Kampar. yay? I dont know :(
Kampar's weather is so unpredictable most of the time,it is 2pm when I am typing this and I supposed to feel warm but my fingers are freezing cold..Gosh I feel so reluctant to unwrap myself from my lovely blanket ><
Im like,
Source:Tumblr
As I mentioned in my previous post,I am going somewhere special with Maple and Pinky(a beauty blogger also a new friend) when I get back to Kampar. Also I promised to share this enjoyable visit with you all, so here's it! :D
The place that we visited is a Japanese cuisine restaurant called Niko Niko Onigiri in Kampar.

Before that,ehem!
Maple deserves some(maybe more?haha) credits because she was the one who invited me to this exciting event also not to forget the generous owner of this restaurant,Mr.Ray who let us to try on their foods for FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!YAY!Honestly,never in my life that I thought blogging can earn me so many golden experiences like these!You know meeting friends with common interest and get to try awesome things for free XD ngehehehhe!This is my very first time(being invited) to do food review,thus I was more than excited that day that I even brought along my notebook and the whole pencil case with me >< afraid of missing out important things that you all should know!And Maple was like: Seriously?are you coming for lecture class or something? -,- *doublefacepalm

**If you're anywhere near to Kampar,Perak please don't hesitate to read on because the best things are on their ways now! :D


TADDDAAAAA!!!
Niko2 Main entrance
If you're a Utarian or Ktarian I bet this place isn't strange to you eh?As you can see from the photo above,there are three different eateries selling different type of yummies but do you know that they are actually under the same owner?! :)) It doesn't sounds like a bad news to me because of that customers get to eat awesome Japanese food while chilling with a cup of Ochado,wah sounds so atas!(Singlish:high class) You may be familiar with Ochado and Fancy mee because they are already here for quite some time before Niko Niko joined in.

Disclaimer: we didn't request for any special services from the owner because we want to really dine in like an usual customer so that we can give the best and honest reviews about this restaurant :) Haha sounds like a pro huh? :P

As proposed by the name of the restaurant,they're selling ONIGIRI, NOT SUSHI.
Despite common misconceptions, onigiri is not a form of sushi.Onigiri is made with plain rice (sometimes lightly salted), while sushi is made of rice with vinegar,sugar and salt.(source:Wikipedia)
Now let's check out what have we ordered!
Before that,I would like to let you know that this restaurant is for ALL!By ALL I mean literally just anyone who is hunger for Japanese foods because this restaurant is 100%
Also they provide Onigiri for Vegetarian!

Now let's the fun begins!

Baby octopus 
This is definitely one of my favorites!
Though at first I thought eating an octopus's baby sounds cruel 
and somehow gross 
but I was high up in the sky only at the first bit on it!
The sweet sauce coated octopus tasted rather crunchy as you chew on
Gosh I literally fell for it! {RECOMMENDED


Furikake & Tanuki Onigiri
Don't get tricked by the name!
I was surprise at first seeing "fried rice" instead of "plain rice"
wrapping in the thin sheet of seaweeds.
That's something special about this place because customers get to 
 customize their Onigiri according to their preferences! 
Like adding cheese,opt for different rice..and more!
Tanuki rice is { HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

3 IN 1 SET
potato salad,pure Ebiko,sliced scallop,seaweed,rice and miso soup
more Ebiko!!!
This is a set where you can choose your favorite type of seasoned rice
and add in just any other 3 side dishes.
Opt for this if you're a big eater because the portion is kinda big(for me)
and this is definitely worth the price.
I used to dislike miso soup because it tastes too salty to me but
here I found it quite okay.tastier than Sushi king
Those tiny little Ebiko served with Japanese mayonaise are definitely to-die-for!
{ALSO RECOMMENDED}

Ramen

Honestly this plate was a little bit of disappointment /.\
well maybe I am the one who do not get used to eating ramen.
It tasted sweetish and cold when it was served (I know that's how it supposed to be)
but yeah.. too bad I'm not a fan of it.
But the jelly fish(at top right of photo) does taste really fresh and nice.

Overall Rating:-  8/10

1. Food variation :  # # # # /5
2. Taste/quality    : # # # # #/5
3. Service            : # # #/5
4. Serving time     : # # /5
5. Price                : # # # #/5
6. Hygiene           : # # # #/5


***Visit Niko Niko's FB page to know more! 

So be sure to visit Niko Niko whenever you're available,trust me it is a good place to pamper yourself well after all the tiresome workload you get from college or work!Don't let yourself zombie-nize..ngehehehe!

It's time for photos!

with Maple

 With passionate beauty blogger Pinky



Emo girls...


Japanese Chili powder and Onigiri!
I actually wanted to show you all the size of an Onigiri but
I think this photo doesn't do it any justice because
 it is actually quite a big portion and very fulfilling.


Leave your thoughts here because they really care about how you think!

ONE last thing before I end..


A cute yet informative decoration found in Niko Niko :)

Here's a quick shout out to Kampar Utarian,
Niko Niko is selling their Onigiris at Block K & Block C cafeteria!!
What are you waiting for???!Don't starve yourself during long lectures,go grab one!



I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy typing it,
thanks once again for turning in...
Thumbs up for this and do leave your comments down below or 
talk to me live in the chatbox at the sidebar.

 tell me about your Niko Niko stories!

xoxo


Princess Evon





3 comments:

  1. Uww. Just went there few days ago. Not bad at all XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you're fast!haha I know right,worth the money worth the time! :D

      Delete
  2. Read(RED), take care! and for sure we will again meet up next time~~ I mean again for blogger event like this! And I actually feel a bit guilty coz U purposely come back for review. Just let me know if u have any plan =)

    ReplyDelete